Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Meal-prep

When I have time I prepare food in large quantities and then I stock them and use them little by little again in the following days.
This action is called in Japanese Tsukuri-oki (作 り 置 き), and in English Meal-prep (to tell the truth, I heard about this word only very recently).

The meal-prep I did today are these:


In the picture:


up
[to the left]
Cooked green beans (frozen food thawed at room temperature)
to be stocked in the fridge

[in the middle]
Garlic chips
to be stocked in the pantry

[to the right]
Mushroom broth
to be stocked in the fridge

down
[to the left]
Finely chopped ginger
to be stocked in the freezer

[in the middle]
Finely chopped garlic
to be stocked in the freezer

[a destra]
Mushrooms cooked without seasoning
to be stocked in the fridge


I like to do the meal-prep because:

  1. It allows me to use (so, first to dirty and then to wash) equipment once and for all
  2. I can save you the work and the time to cook
  3. Foods cooked in large quantities taste better
  4. Often the foods taste better the day after

Happy Meal-prep to all 😘



- Use "also" frozen / pre-cooked ingredients
- Cook with large amount even when you do need a little, so you can eat it in the following days



No comments:

Post a Comment